Programmers with network engineering skills

Holmes,David A dholmes at mwdh2o.com
Tue Feb 28 02:46:07 UTC 2012

But my point is that each person who is capable to do so generally chooses their life's work, after working in and trying out several capacities, and this is extremely common in IT environments where a person could have cycled through programming, system admin, dba, networking, security, etc. For me, I prefer networking, and even a substantial raise would not get me to design and write computer programs again. Life is short, networking professionals generally are in high demand, and are in networking because they like it. Yes Perl scripting may become a temporary, necessary evil at some point, but if the subject of coding comes up, many will move on.