FCoE Deployment

David david at davidswafford.com
Wed Feb 22 23:06:48 UTC 2012

yep, we're doing FCoE in an EMC Symettric, ESX, Nexus environment.  All of our FCoE is over 10gb CNAs.  We are having good results, though we hit an odd bug on QLogics cards initially on pur HP DL 580s (affected twinax only -- if you dropped on uplink , ie testing failover, throughput dropped to crap for disk i/o., that issue only cleared after a power cycle of the server.  Qlogic never fixed the issue so we RMAd nearly 30k in 10gb CNA cards and swapped everythibg to fiber.  So beware of that.  I can get more detail on the affected cards,etc tomorrow if interested.  Our entire production VMware environment is off that setup.

David

Sent from an email server.