FCoE Deployment

Pierce Lynch p.lynch at netappliant.com
Wed Feb 22 21:10:56 UTC 2012

> FCoE was until very recently the only way to do centralized block storage
> to the Cisco UCS server blades, so I'd imagine it's quite widely adopted.
> That said, we don't run FCoE outside of the UCS <black box> - its uplinks
> to the SAN are just regular FC.

Agreed, very much the only implementation I have come across FCoE installations for is Cisco UCS chassis. Personally, it's not something that I have seen regularly adopted as of yet outside proprietary hardware configurations such as UCS deployments.

Certainly also keen to understand as to any other use cases and deployments others have implemented using full-blown FCoE.

Kind regards,

Pierce Lynch