Customer Notification System.

R. Scott Evans nanog at rsle.net
Wed Feb 22 15:34:32 UTC 2012

What, no programmers in your NOC to roll your own?

---
#!/usr/bin/perl

use DBI;

# define variables ($sendmail, $from, $database... etc)

$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$database:$server", $user, $pass);
$mysearch = $dbh->prepare("SELECT customer,cid,email FROM $table WHERE
$find);
$mysearch->execute;

while (($customer,$cid,$email) = $mysearch->fetchrow_array) {
	open(MAIL, "| $sendmail -t");
	print MAIL "From: $from\n";
	print MAIL "To: $email\n";
	print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
	print MAIL "$customer,\nYour circuit $cid is going down bla bla bla.";
	close(MAIL);
}
$dbh->disconnect;
---

** NOTE - this is off the top of my head, ie.. not tested.  That said,
it's more or less a simplified version of what we do.

-Scott