WW: Colo Vending Machine

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Feb 18 01:39:34 UTC 2012

I have, on occasion been away from my laptop and gotten the call to go to the colo and deal with XYZ hardware problem and the colo was either: A in the opposite or orthogonal direction from  my house and significantly closer or B the colo was between my present location.

In such cases, I will occasionally stop by the colo without going home to retrieve the laptop. 90% of the time it works out OK. 10% of the time I end up leaving the colo, going home, retrieving the laptop and returning to the colo. Obviously, if there was a loaner laptop available for a $15 rental in the colo as described, it would probably be worth $15 to me and/or my organization to avoid the delay and bother of the round-trip between colo and home.

Owen