WW: Colo Vending Machine

Pierre-Yves Maunier nanog at maunier.org
Fri Feb 17 17:15:44 CST 2012

2012/2/17 Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>

> Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
> vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
> let vendor specificity scare you off.
> Cheers,
> -- jra
1 - As previously said : LC/SC couplers + patchcords
2 - fibre/connectors cleaning kit
3 - SC/LC optical attenuators
4 - Laser pen that can send visible red beam in blink/continuous mode
5 - as said previously too : USB-RS232 adaptator
6 - plastic cable clamps (don't know the exact english term for that but I
mean this -->
7 - compressed air can to clean dust
8 - CAT5 tester

A good this to be able to borrow from the noc (because a bit problematic to
put then in a vending machine) :

- an Optical Power Meter
- a live fiber detection device (to be able to detect presence of light and
the direction of the light in a fibre without disconnecting it) we use
these at work and they're awesome :
- a plunger (not sure about the english translation for this one too :-) )

Pierre-Yves Maunier