Hi speed trading - hi speed monitoring

Rodrick Brown rodrick.brown at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:01:36 UTC 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> [...]

This has nothing to do with a gut feeling or instinct. Trading companies today monitor P&L near realtime and traders will begin to experience low fill rates or worse be rejected by trading counter parties when prices are too far off or out of the money. The longer a system takes to responds to market quotes the lower fills rates they begin to notice and higher execution costs. Trades today in the equity markets must be within the national best bid, best offer price range or companies can be fined by the SEC which is why latency an jitter can be problematic in financial networks.