Common operational misconceptions

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Feb 17 17:47:02 UTC 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:33 AM, John Osmon wrote:

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:18:57AM -0500, Steve Clark wrote:
> I agree with this 100%.
>
> Having worked with many people over the last 40 years, the good trouble
> shooters understood how things
> were suppose to work. This helps immeasurably in determining where to start
> looking.

Don't forget that a lot of the best figure things out *while*
troubleshooting things they don't (yet) understand.

Give curious people good tools and interesting problems -- the rest will
sort itself out.

Quote I have hear over the years

"Problems are opportunities for learning - Just wish I was not doing so much learning some days...."