time sink 42

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 16 23:38:46 UTC 2012

For standard linear tape labels, making a sharp s-curve bend in the label near one end will often cause the backing to readily separate from the label at that end.

Brother used to include a nifty little tool for doing just that stuck in the bottom of many of their P-Touch labelers. Don't know if they still do or not.

This trick also works on the linear tape labels on the Brady I mentioned in response to JRA's question as well.
For the self-laminating cable labels, the labels don't stretch all the way to the edge of the backing, so, simple bending of the backing and attacking with fingernail works pretty quick and easy.

Owen