time sink 42

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Feb 16 21:32:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> The Brother I have that takes "M" tape has the problem you describe,
> it's nearly impossible to get the backing to separate from the label.
>
> I have another Brother that takes "TZ" tape, the backing of the tape of
> slit down the middle lengthwise.  Gently curling the tape by squeezing
> it causes the middle to pop open, easy to grab.

+1 for the TZ tape.  It is made of a heavier material than the M tape, and
has better adhesive that will better on equipment that has any sort of
textured finish, such as many types of cabinets, patch panels, and fiber
termination bays.  Labels that are made with M tape will start to peel off
of just about anything that doesn't have a smooth finish shortly after
being applied.

jms