time sink 42

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Thu Feb 16 21:32:07 UTC 2012

On 2/16/12 2:23 PM, nanog-request at nanog.org wrote:
> time sink 42

Others have already noted the difference between TZ and M tapes; the TZ
tapes are also supposed to be 'better' in that they are laminated, while
the M tapes are not and may decay more quickly.

However, the problem I have is that the "better" label maker (the one
that takes TZ tapes) is not nearly as easy to use as the "cheaper" one,
the M-compatible P-touch.  I knew that I didn't want a bunch of useless
features, so I bought the cheapest TZ-compatible P-touch I could find,
the 1290, but it is about twice as hard to get anything done with it as
the bottom-of-the-line $19.95 P-Touch that takes M tapes.

Anyone got a solution for *that* particular problem?  Should I get a
better TZ-compatible labeler?

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494