time sink 42

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:30:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:18:42 -0500, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> If they are Dell servers, you could always name each host in their BIOS
> so it shows up on the display of the host.

I did that with a batch of sun v20z's... when they got to the colo, no one
knew which was which until they're powered and the service processor is
fully booted. (a process that takes several minutes) By then, they've been
racked in the wrong racks and in the wrong order. :-(  Of course, I've
done that to myself as well... pull a stack of machines and forget what
order they were in :-)

--Ricky