time sink 42

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Feb 16 21:12:15 UTC 2012

On 17/02/12 10:08, Randy Bush wrote:
> ok, this is horribly pragmatic, but it's real.  yesterday i was in the
> westin playing rack and stack for five hours.  an horrifyingly large
> amount of my time was spent trying to peel apart labels made on my
> portable brother label tape maker, yes peeling the backing from a little
> label so remote hands could easily confirm a server they were going to
> attack.
>
> is there a trick?  is there a (not expensive) different labeling machine
> or technique i should use?
>
> randy

Many label makers (including Brother) use tapes that have a split up the
middle of the back layer, so you can peel it off half-at-a-time and not
fight with finding edges, etc.

Otherwise I suppose it's just a case of finding the knack.  My label
maker is of the cheaper variety and the tape i've been getting for it
doesn't have the back-split, so I get to fight with it on the occasion
that the knack doesn't seem to work...

Mark.