802.11 MAC Point Coordination Function

Jeremy jbaino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:13:54 UTC 2012

Hi All,
I'm doing some research on 802.11 quality of service, congestion control,
etc. I'm trying to find some information on the Point Coordination
Function, a polling based access control method, but I'm having a hard time
finding much in the way of vendor support. I have access to some cisco
1242's, 1140's and 1252's and I've been searching the Cisco's site and
can't find a real answer on whether or not it's supported let alone how to
configure it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does Cisco have some special
name for it aside from PCF? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeremy