Dear RIPE: Please don't encourage phishing

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Sat Feb 11 01:25:48 UTC 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 17:24, Landon Stewart wrote:
> My $0.02 on this issue is if the message is rich text I hover over the link
> and see where it actually sends me.  If I don't know what that link is then
> I don't click it.

Oh really? How about trying this.... Go to Google and search "is my url safe":
http://www.google.com/search?q=is+my+url+safe

Now hover over that second link reportedly to faq.ssl.com and look at what
your browser reports:
http://faq.ssl.com/article.aspx?id=10068

Now look at the page code or copy/paste the URL somewhere else... Where does
that link really go?
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://faq.ssl.com/article.aspx%3Fid%3D10068&sa=U&ei=JcI1T_DRKJDXiAKauoSvCg&ved=0CBgQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHSmrhtgWQczEe1j0LhdMdUW5x4LA

So much for looking at what mouse-over shows....

Adrian