Dear RIPE: Please don't encourage phishing

Landon Stewart lstewart at superb.net
Sat Feb 11 00:24:11 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 16:09, Brandon Butterworth <brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> > So it's necessary to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and tell them
> > never to click on a link...
>
> That baby was ugly anyway

HAHAHA.

My $0.02 on this issue is if the message is rich text I hover over the link
and see where it actually sends me.  If I don't know what that link is then
I don't click it.  Not sure how long it's going to take, probably a
generation, for people to use some sense before mindlessly clicking on
stuff.

Banks and businesses that keep sensitive information in a protected area on
the web for you should start sending messages in PLAIN TEXT so you have to
copy/paste the link if you don't already have it book marked or don't want
to type it.  Sure it's not all flashy and there's no nice pictures and junk
but if you get an email from your bank that's not in plain text and
contains hyperlinks then you'll know it's fake before you even read it.

---
Landon Stewart <lstewart at superb.net <mailto"LStewart at Superb.Net>>
Manager of Systems and Engineering
Superb Internet Corp - 888-354-6128 x 4199
Web hosting and more "Ahead of the Rest": www.superb.net