Iran blocking essentially all encyrpted protocols

Marshall Eubanks marshall.eubanks at
Fri Feb 10 14:07:15 CST 2012

And in response

(quoting) :

“Basically, say you want to look like an XMPP chat instead of SSL,” he
writes to me, referring to a protocol for instant messaging as the
decoy for the encrypted SSL communications. “Obfsproxy should start
up, you choose XMPP, and obfsproxy should emulate XMPP to the point
where even a sophisticated [deep packet inspection] device cannot find
anything suspicious.”