UDP port 80 DDoS attack

Steve Bertrand steve.bertrand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:49:43 UTC 2012

On 2012.02.08 14:23, Drew Weaver wrote:
> Stop paying transit providers for delivering spoofed packets to the edge of your network and they will very quickly develop methods of proving that the traffic isn't spoofed, or block it altogether. =)

I firmly believe in this recourse, amongst others...

If you know that your provider allows spoofed traffic, let the community
know about it.

In all aspects of life, a problem must be 'fixed' at the source. All of
the small-medium size ops have to connect to the big-boys somewhere, and
what I've seen in this industry is that the big-boys are generally
compliant.

Steve