Question regarding anycasting in CDN setup

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Feb 8 20:07:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 01:28:07AM +0530, Anurag Bhatia wrote:
[snip]
> I have never did such setup, but I assume it works as you say. I wonder how
> it finds a US based system from IP quickly (since it's DNS server)?

Drop "ip geolocation" or "internet geolocation" into Your Favorite
Search Engine. Short answer is some folks just refer to databases
published/generated by others, some folks use DNS guesses, and some
folks measure packet arrival. And most often, there is a combination
of methods used.

--
         RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE / NewNOG