UDP port 80 DDoS attack

bas kilobit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:07:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Dobbins, Roland <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2012, at 2:56 PM, bas wrote:
>
>> The big drawback with S/RTBH is that it is a DoS method in itself.
>
> I'm not an advocate of *automated* S/RTBH, and I am an advocate of whitelisting various well-known 'golden networks/IPs'

So I would need to find out which networks you would have classified
as "golden" and use those as sources for my DDoS.

Either I can achieve DoS with S/RTBH, or I can abuse the "golden
networks" to circumvent S/RTBH.

As far as I see it S/RTBH is in no way a solution against smart
attackers, of course it does help against all the kiddie attacks out
there.

Bas