IPv6 dual stacking and route tables

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Fri Feb 3 21:44:33 UTC 2012

On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Philip Dorr wrote:

> You should accept the full v6 table, because some IPs may not,
> currently, be reachable via one of the carriers.

Definitely agreed here, and this is why we take full v6 tables.  Especially since one of our upstreams does not peer with at least one other large network; if we took just a default from them, we would likely be sending them traffic which they in turn do not have a route for whereas the other upstream of ours does.