Thanks & Let's Prevent this in the Future.

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at
Wed Feb 1 03:12:41 CST 2012

On 1 Feb 2012, at 09:01, "Kelvin Williams" <kwilliams at> wrote:

> A few months ago, when establishing a new peering relationship I was
> encouraged (actually required) to utilize one of the IRRs.  I took the time
> to register all of my routes, ASNs, etc.  However, as I learned today, this
> was probably done in vain.  Too many people won't spend the extra
> 30-seconds to verify the information listed there or in ARINs WHOIS.

It's amazing isn't it. It isn't only fraud and maliciousness that this prevents.

A number of times I have been asked to advertise space or open filters for space based on typos and people not understanding address notation and CIDR. So it's with doing if only to prevent this.

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email service.
For more information please visit