Hijacked Network Ranges

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Feb 1 04:10:32 UTC 2012

If I read the previous material correctly, it seems to have gone something like:

Customer was initially a customer of Kelvin's firm and had the address assignments in question.

Customer relationship with Kelvin's firm terminated and they contracted for service elsewhere but are apparently attempting to maintain the use of the address allocation(s) they received from Kelvin's firm.  They apparently did this by misrepresenting the fact that they were entitled to use that address space.

If that is the case, it isn't so much a "malicious attack" as it is just plain stealing the use of IP address space they aren't entitled to.