really facebook?

mike mike at mtcc.com
Thu Dec 27 17:04:33 UTC 2012

I reloaded their app (yes, I know... sew me) and got this warning:

IP address: 	2600:100f:b119:c6bc:bd6f:fabb:ff30:2a3d
Estimated location: 	Livingston, NJ, US

Which seems pretty bizarre. I'm guessing they must be getting it from
whois or something based on the address block for Verizon. The reverse
map according to

host 2600:100f:b119:c6bc:bd6f:fabb:ff30:2a3d

comes back with NXDOMAIN. I suppose the real issue here is with Vz
and why they don't have v6 reverse maps, but it did throw me thinking that
somebody in New Jersey might have hacked my account.

Mike