Color vision for network techs

Larry LaBas llabas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:54:54 UTC 2012

The Military has colour screening for obvious reasons but I am  not sure if
it's needed for Networking.

My take is that I designed all to have a wide variance.  IE: Red, Blue,
Yellow and Black which helped lower issues.  Not solve them but if you
limit the use of Red to certain areas (ie: Yellow / Red on one patch panel)
then it helps.

Yes, I did have a team lead who was colour blind and that did help to lead
me down that path.  When he was on our internet facing patch panel which
was Red/Yellow if he saw black he knew it was Red.

Sincerely,
Larry A. LaBas(CD)