Redundant Routes, BGP with MPLS provider

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:14:59 UTC 2012

On 8/30/12, Tribble, Wesley <WTribble at sterneagee.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am an Network Operator working in an Enterprise environment with offices
> all over the country(mostly connected via MPLS).  We are currently working
> towards building a Disaster Recovery Site that will host some of our vendor
> routers and provide the capability to access these vendors from both our
> primary and backup data center locations.  The routes(as advertised by the
> vendor's routers) will be the same at both locations.  I would like to
> advertise the routes from multiple locations at the same time, rather than
> suppress the routes and advertise conditionally.

At work, we have our internal routing protocol running on GRE over
IPSec tunnels & keep the BGP sessions with the MPLS provider limited
to just the MPLS network.  And have an ACL on the MPLS network
interface that allows only what's expected in...   some providers are
better than others at not having anything hit the 'deny any any log'
line

Regards,
Lee