mac limit per VPLS domain

Dave Curado davec at curado.org
Thu Aug 30 13:17:05 UTC 2012

Hi Adam,

I think you're correct -- it depends on the business model.
If your customers CE devices will be routers you can make the maximum number of
macs correspondingly small, and if they will be switches, you'll have to determine what
makes sense for each interface and domain.

I think it is a great idea to have limits of some kind on both interfaces and domains, to
avoid problems with misbehaving hardware or software bugs.

HTHs,
Dave