Level 3 BGP Advertisements

Hale, William C William.C.Hale at windstream.com
Wed Aug 29 19:52:10 UTC 2012

No, that's not standard practice.  I do this exact thing with Level 3 and have been for many many many years.  Whoever is telling you this must be green.

I would recommend adding the no-export community to your more specific routes if you can so as to be a good steward of the ever growing Internet IPv4 table.