Verizon's New Repair Method: Plastic Garbage Bags

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Wed Aug 22 16:21:15 UTC 2012

The garbage bags have been on that pole for at least 6+ months.

What will end up happening is what happens every time something like this happens.  We call in trouble tickets for months until we can get the issue labeled chronic, then we get a "Class 1 inspection", then they fix it.   One issue is that to get it labeled chronic there needs to be three tickets opened within a month.  VZ's temp fix often works long enough that we can't get enough tickets in within a month.