Another LTE network turns up as IPv4-only squat space + NAT

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Aug 22 15:57:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Chu, Yi [NTK] wrote:

> It is not about security.  It is about finding enough bits to service 7
> digits number of subs.

IPv6 takes care of that problem quite effectively :)

If there is a major amount of gear in the network that will not support
IPv6 (apply bat to vendor as appropriate), then I can understand going
down the road of IPv4 + CGN, but I would consider that to be an absolute
last resort.  Not much upside, lots of downside.

jms