NANOG poll: favorite cable labeler?

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Wed Aug 22 15:23:24 UTC 2012

I tend to go for the cheapest thing you can that will get the job done
professionally.

Chances are any brand will get the same amount of abuse and need to be
replaced around the same time.  We use the Brother PT-1400 and for the
price you can't beat it.

Does everything we need (has the features you want; rep-rotate etc),
cartridges swap out quickly, are inexpensive, runs on normal or
rechargeable AA, and has an AC adapter for when those run out on you.

Definitely get the optional case and AC adapter for it.

Over the last 10 years we've had 3; only one of them has had problems
and it's because it's been dropped one too many times.  If you're not
careless with your tools *glares at coworkers*, it'll last.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net