NANOG poll: favorite cable labeler?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Aug 22 14:52:44 UTC 2012

In a message written on Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 01:50:08PM +0000, Jensen Tyler wrote:
> What are people using to label LC jumpers (simplex and duplex)? I like the Sheet idea from Leo but does it work well with things not cat5?

It works fine with fiber, you just get less space.  If you think
about how the label wraps around part of the bottom" of the white
tab wraps over part of the top.

With a small amount of trial and error it's quite easy to hand-write
or make a machine print at the right spacing on the label to get
the words to line up with the "flat" sides of a duplex fiber jumper.

Simplex you get like one line if you wrap it tight to the cable.  You
can "flag" them, put the simplex jumper at the bottom of the white,
wrap the clear around the back and up and over the written part so
it stands out like a flag.