HSRP vs VRRP for IPv6 on IOS-XE - rekindling an old flame

-Hammer- bhmccie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:26:07 UTC 2012

It's a good argument Owen. Unfortunately it looks like VRRP is not an
available feature on the ASR for IPv6 FHRP. I'm still trying to confirm
it but it is definitely not configurable in my version of code and if
it's "just coming out" in a "new release" there is no way I'm jumping in
with both feet. I'll have to stick with HSRP and LL addressing. If
anyone knows different please let me know. Thanks

PS: Yes, I still have some ISL. :( On legacy environments only though. I
promise. Nothing new in years...

-Hammer-

"I was a normal American nerd"
-Jack Herer