Verizon's New Repair Method: Plastic Garbage Bags

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Mon Aug 20 19:41:53 UTC 2012

> Can we all just agree that the whole pole needs to be restrung?

Maybe it just needs a heavier garbage bag.

> That's horrible!

We had a pedestal around here that was covered, I want to say for years,
though it might have been just a year or two, with a work tent.  If you
have never seen one:

http://store.mohawkltd.com/Pelsue-FTTH-Installer-Tent-Shelter/P3072_868/

I particularly love "years of service in the field".  I'm guessing they
don't mean *continuous* service.  By the time it was eventually cleared
out, it had collapsed and was somewhat ripped, etc.

Totally unrelated:  Some of the local DSL copper becomes really
unreliable in spring and when it rains.

... JG