DNS Changer items

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Aug 16 05:54:46 UTC 2012

On Aug 15, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> Approx 2 months later after taking legal advice, the NCC formed the view
> that the police and the prosecutor had no legal basis for making the
> request and they consequently unlocked the objects.

With the end result that someone gets some really nicely tainted/blocked address space.  Hopefully whoever it is wears a white hat and doesn't respond to unsuspecting people's DNS queries with 'interesting' values.

"Legal basis": IANAL so no comment.

However, for network sanitation purposes, I'll admit some surprise that the DNSchanger blocks have been reused so quickly.

Regards,
-drc