Testing 1gbps bandwidth

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Tue Aug 14 18:11:46 UTC 2012

> Is there any other suggestion for this testing?

As a general tool, I rather like PathTest - it's free and versatile, you just have to have a daemon somewhere on the other end of the circuit (even if that's multiple AS's away) that can deliver sufficient throughput for the test.  It's far more efficient than a flash based test.  Even a very modest laptop which chokes at 70Mbps in flash can do a few hundred Mbps with it, and anything decent can do a full gig and up.

I realize that doesn't help you find an endpoint in the Middle East to test against, but at least now you have a better tool.  :)

Nathan Eisenberg