Does anyone use anycast DHCP service?

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Tue Aug 14 10:33:58 UTC 2012

Joe wrote:

> In our situation  customer get IP address with DHCP, DHCP server
> authenticate  customer by  radius.
> Authentication information is carried by option60 and option82.

I think you are not talking about wireless services with roaming.

Then, as you can identify your customer with the authentication
information and can have a static mapping for customer
configurations, you can run multiple DHCP servers without
worrying about dynamic state synchronization between the
servers.

As a malfunctioning anycast server can still advertise a route
to it, blocking routes to back up servers, you should not use
anycast.

						Masataka Ohta