Bell Canada outage?

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Wed Aug 8 18:50:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Chris Stone <axisml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Outages mailing list is reporting that Tata is having problems in Montreal
> affecting 'many routers'.......maybe this is related?

I am a transit customer of both TATA and Bell Canada.  We saw route
churn and heavy packet loss via both Bell and TATA beginning at
approximately 13:25 ET.  It took us some time to assess the situation
and deactivate both our TATA and Bell BGP sessions.

It also took over 10 minutes for my BGP withdraws to propagate from
Bell to their neighbors, including Level3.  I would guess Bell
Canada's routers all have very busy CPU.

No information from either NOC yet.
--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts