raging bulls

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Wed Aug 8 14:14:13 UTC 2012

It is a tough technical problem to be sure but not insurmountable.
Think about a system in which the real time market data is also
encrypted in such a way that it can only be decrypted at a particular
point in time.  Essentially it would be like each trading system
receiving an envelope that must be opened simultaneously.  Picture a
satellite network that is time synchronized to transmit a key stream
used to decrypt the data that is received over a terrestrial network.  I
am not talking about easy to implement here just what is possible.  It
is probably easier than faster than light travel although I supposed
real estate on Mt Everest could get very valuable (closer to the
satellites) :)

Steve