Prefix Size Distribution in multiple flavors, on RIPEstat

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Tue Aug 7 14:13:07 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

thanks to the feedback we received after we've published
the interactive widget for querying "RIR prefix size distribution"
in RIPEstat, we created a follow-up:

a dynamically updated web page that gives an overview of
IPv4 address space prefix size distribution, per /8:

https://stat.ripe.net/specials/registered-ipv4-prefix-size-distribution

This page is updated once a day, and is based on statistics
published by all 5 RIRs.

Possible usage is general research about the distribution of
address space, or prefix filtering based on minimum allocation size.

If you want to query any other prefix size, and not only /8,
or if you want to query for IPv6 space, here is the link to the widget:
https://stat.ripe.net/widget/rir-prefix-size-distribution

For the background, please find more information in RIPE Labs
article about the widget:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/rir-prefix-size-distribution-in-ripestat

Looking forward to your comments or questions,
regards,
Vesna

Vesna Manojlovic                                 BECHA at ripe.net
Senior Community Builder                           +31205354444
for Measurements Tools          RIPE NCC        http://ripe.net