BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Aug 6 20:27:54 UTC 2012

Respectfully, I disagree... I think this is a causal chain...

1.	Lack of cost-effective BGP-based service means that
2.	CPE vendors are not motivated to provide self-configuring bgp-speaking routers to behave in this manner means that
3.	SMBs seek other solutions using available CPE technology.

If cost-effective BGP-based service were available, providers would likely work with CPE vendors to get automation features added to products to support such services and multihomed organizations would definitely want to use those features.

Owen