BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Mon Aug 6 17:26:41 UTC 2012

In a message written on Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 05:51:02PM +0100, Mike Jones wrote:
> If you have a router that sends out RAs with lifetime 0 when the
> prefix goes away then this should be deployable for "poor mans
> failover" (the same category I put IPv4 NAT in), however there are

If your provider does Unicast RPF strict mode, which I hope _all_
end user and small business connections default to doing this won't
work.  The traffic has to be policy routed out based on the source
IP.

Having the host stack do that is an acceptable solution (your dual
router model) I think, but I don't know of a single one that does
that today.