BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Aug 6 13:07:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM, jamie rishaw <j at arpa.com> wrote:
> discuss.

Commodity service from a commodity provider. As much as I'd love for
Verizon to offer BGP directly over FIOS there are fewer than 40,000
customers worldwide for such a service. As long as they maintain
sufficient network neutrality to get high speed tunnel service with
someone and run BGP over the tunnel their behavior is not outrageous.

To facilitate this and all the folks with custom needs, a wireline
provider should have a choice between unbundling and open
settlement-free peering. Mandatory to do at least one. But that's a
whole other can of worms.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004