Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Aug 6 02:41:15 UTC 2012

I think the term "critical" is being used in different senses in this
discussion.  Are people's lives critical?  Yes, but the regulations for
wired and wireless infrastructure don't require service providers to expend
any and all costs to maintain connectivity.  And we don't have ambulances
and fire trucks at every corner and hospitals in every subdivision.  Despite
the almost incalculable value of life, there are still limitations on all
the services provided to residences.  Would I like to have the same uptime
at my home as we have in the CO? or data center?  Sure, but collectively we
aren't willing, nay, able, to pay that price.

Frank