Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Aug 4 03:07:37 UTC 2012

As someone else posted, many FTTH installations are centralized as much as
possible to avoid having non-passive equipment in the plant, allowing for
the practicality of onsite generators.  That's what we do.  But for those
who have powered nodes in the field (distributed/tiered BPON or GPON
configurations and cable plants), it's not realistic to keep them all
powered.  Despite what the DOT may be able to do.

Frank