US House to ITU: Hands off the Internet

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Aug 3 20:47:30 UTC 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 2:06 PM, "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> [Feels operational to me.]
>
> <http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/260299/us_house_to_itu_hands_off_the_internet.html>
>
> The U.S. House of Representatives voted late Thursday to send a message to the United Nations' International Telecommunication Union that the Internet doesn't need new international regulations. The vote was unanimous: 414-0
>
> Unanimous?  I didn't think this congress could agree the earth is round unanimously.

It is can be useful (particularly during an election year) to make
certain that there is no doubt regarding the resolve of government
with respect to positions being taken in international negotiations.

In this case, I believe that the message is now quite clear...

:-)
/John

John Curran
President and CEO