Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Richard Miller rmiller at millerad.com
Fri Aug 3 14:31:04 UTC 2012

This is a fascinating thread!

I have had multiple class C address blocks assigned to us for many years (since
the 80's) I have 2 T1 connections and one of them is up for contract renewal. I
have wanted to replace one of the expensive T1s for a long time. DSL and Cable
are available here at reasonable prices (no FIOS yet) However, even after they
tell me they will do it, no provider will route even a single /24 (/30) for me.

Mostly it's Verizon and/or Time Warner.

I would love to have another solution. All I really need is to maintain the IPs
on my servers so they are public/world accessible. (Email/Web/FTP/telnet(!))

Perhaps I can route to a co-located server then a tunnel back to the server farm
over a static IP DSL or Cable link???

I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Rich