UCSF Network Admin??

Robert Glover robertg at garlic.com
Wed Aug 1 23:22:48 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 10:51 AM, Robert Glover wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there anyone with clue from UCSF on-list?  Or if someone knows how to
> put me in contact with them, that would be great.
>
> We are not able to query their DNS servers from our network.  We've got
> users not able to access anything UCSF due to this.
>
> Thus far, their response has been to manually put DNS entries into our
> users hosts file, not actually fix the real issue.
>
> Thanks,
> -Robert

I should have been a little more forthcoming with information.

We are having issues with getting responses from these servers:

NSMEDCTR1.UCSFMEDICALCENTER.ORG
NSMEDCTR2.UCSFMEDICALCENTER.ORG

Which are authoritative for "ucsfmedctr.org" and "ucsfmedicalcenter.org".

We ARE able to resolve ucsf.edu and things associated with that entity,
just NOT the medical center.

Thanks,
-Robert