DOCSIS 3.0 & PPPoE/L2TP compatibility

iptech iptech at northrock.bm
Wed Aug 1 14:10:31 UTC 2012

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.

 From the scenarios below, I think that option 3 would be more feasible,
i.e BSoD L2VPN, via pw. Our max expected number of sessions would not
exceed 10k, so probably not an hw limiting issue for us.

For option 4, we cannot accommodate this, as we are moving to ASR1K,
which does not support PPTP, only L2TP.

I am reading through the DOCSIS L2VPN specification to understand the
model better.

Thanks,