Squeezing IPs out of ARIN

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Apr 25 15:52:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Kenneth McRae wrote:

> I have never provided the names of end users..  How the address space would
> be utilized?  Definitely..  But not the names of end users...

When I worked at an ISP, we provided the names of companies to whom we
assigned address space, but not individual residential subs.

Running an rwhois server that was tied into our customer provisioning
system made the process of requesting more space from ARIN pretty
painless, all things considered, and saved the overhead of having to SWIP
every assignment.

jms